Union Theological College, originally known as the Assembly’s College, dates back to the mid 19th Century.
Assembly’s College was opened in Belfast in 1853 in the building Union still uses today. It is the theological college for the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
Designed by Sir Charles Lanyon, who also designed the nearby Queens University Main Building, the strikingly beautiful College building served as the location for the newly–formed Parliament of Northern Ireland from 1921 until 1932 pending the construction of Stormont’s Parliament Buildings.
108 Botanic Avenue
Not open to the Public